While information conflicts about Sunday's events in Afghanistan's Logar province, reports almost universally indicate that one of two missing American sailors is dead. The U.S. military has not yet confirmed this tragic detail.
Reuters reports that terrorists claim to be holding a wounded service member and the body of another, while a provincial official in Logar province said U.S. troops had already recovered the fallen hero's remains. The Taliban is notorious for lying and exaggerating about events on the ground.
The Logar official told Reuters that the abducted American is probably injured and in need of medical care. The U.S. military is reportedly distributing flyers offering a reward for information about the sailor's whereabouts.
The Taliban shows true cowardice on a daily basis by burying bombs, attacking civilian squares, and using innocent Afghans as human shields. While the U.S. military didn't need another reminder about our enemy's nature, events of this weekend should only increase the public's will to crush the group that harbored many of 9/11's perpetrators. Both sailors and their families remain in our thoughts, along with all the volunteer warriors serving overseas.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Posted by Tom Sileo at 11:38 AM
Labels: Afghanistan, casualties, Navy, sailor
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment